MacBook Air :: Excel Office 2011- No Standard Toolbar And Resizing WindowsDec 1, 2010
Two strange issues that I can't fix on my new MB Air 13 with MS Office for MAC 2011 and Excel.
1) I can't get the Standard Toolbar to show up when I open a new worksheet. I go to view, toolbars and then see that the Standard Toolbar is checked, but it doesn't show up. The only way to get it to show up is to do a series of steps:
- uncheck Standard Toolbar menu and go back out;
- go back in and check the Standard Toolbar and back to the spreadsheet
- the Standard Toolbar still doesn't show up;
- so then I click on the Layout tab on the ribbon and then it shows up!
2) I can't see the bottom of the window/spreadsheet - which means I can't resize the window. To resolve this, I have to do these steps:
- open system preferences and change my MBA screen resolution from 1440 x 900 down to 1280 x 800
- then go back to the spreadsheet, and resize the window (make it smaller on the screen)
- go back and resize the window back to 1440 x 900
- and then close the system preferences at this point, the Excel spreadsheet window is smaller and I can see/use the bottom of the screen to resize, etc.
Can't figure out what setting I have wrong or why I can't get Excel for Mac 2011 to work correctly on the MB Air screen.