Dec 8, 2008
I'm only posting this to continue my procrastination of starting homework which is due tomorrow. Ok, so recently I've been asking on these forums how to access my Macbook using my iPod Touch. Being able to fully access my Macbook when I'm 20 miles away at my University is a huge benefit when I realize I forgot an important essay or homework. I discovered I just have to open up port 5900, etc etc, to get into my Macbook from anywhere. It was too much trouble and now I just use [URL] which works as well, though don't think as fast. Well, this works wonders since I've already emailed myself 2 important Keynotes i've create and accessed them from my college and presented them without even having my computer on me.
View 19 Replies
Well, recently when I get home at night some times it smells strongly of marijuana. Odd since I don't smoke it but my cousin does. He has access to my place and I say he can head over, even if i'm not home and chill, but under any circumstances no smoking. Well, I wanted to use the iSight cam w/ Photo Booth while I'm at the college to see if he indeed was getting high in my living room but before I tested it, I need to get rid of the green light on my Macbook: Getting Rid of The Green Light. Ok, so we're not really turning off the green light here. I looked for hours on how to do this and instead ran into a lot of advice, especially on MacRumors forums, to just white out or tape a small white square over the dot when the green light comes through.
Don't attempt the white out. It'll just go through. As for the white small square...it's completely obvious so don't try that either. Instead, do this:
1. Get a thin card, like a debit card and gently remove the white frame from your macbook. Attached to the back of the frame will be a bunch of these little gray rectangles that hold that frame to the outer part of the macbook. You'll have to take these off gently from the frame and pop them back onto their corresponding places within the Macbook. Easy enough.
2. Then what you do it get a sheet of white paper, cut a super small piece and fold it many times over. Not too thick or the frame won't click back in that area normally.
3. Place it snuggly where the green light turns on and even suggest getting a piece of tape just as small to hold it in place.
4. Turn on Photo booth just to test out if the light goes through. It may but really test it by placing the frame over it, and then seeing if the light goes through.
5. If it doesn't great. Place the frame back on and you're set!